Friday, June 24, 2011

Cloud

Soo it's been a while and I meant to do this post a couple of days ago, but I work and go to school so I get super busy!

Yesterday I really wanted to go get acrylic nails. For the past year I have really made the effort to stop biting my nails and I have kept them painted so that I am not so tempted to bite them. Although this method has worked for me, I just have really sucky nail genes, but acrylic nails are SUPER expensive!

Sooo I went to Target and bought some Kiss nails and I usually buy Revlon, but these are sooo much better (and cheaper). They are glued on solid as if I had acrylic nails! Then I just painted them with my Revlon top speed nail polish in cloud! (I don't really like white tips anymore because I had them from the 7th grade until my freshman year of college). I bought this color over memorial day weekend and I am literally obsessed with it!

I am seriously really impressed with the fact that after working out, cooking, cleaning, showering, and working not one has broke-- which is unusual for glue-on nails!! I'm in LOVE!
I am really satisfied with these nails especially because I am very active and I workout twice a day-I don't want to spend that much on a manicure or acrylics because they usually break! I only paid about $6 for these (and didn't have to tip anyone) =P

but I will continue to get pedicures because I live in heels and I try to keep my feet presentable and my home care on them just isn't the same ;)! 


I also purchased a few things from Elf! For the longest I couldn't find a good selection at the Target where I live for school, but OMG they have a whole section now, so I was super excited! 

I ended up buying the concealer/highlighter duo for $3 and I am extremely impressed! It's actually really good, it isn't drying, or too thick and gives a nice even coverage!

The highlighter is a little different than the ones I am used to but I like it for everyday use because there is not a shimmer, it's just a glowy white color! 

I also bought a bronzer, and in the store it looked matte but it's not and I don't EVER like to apply straight shimmer to my face. If I want that glowy/shimmery look I tend to use moonbeam by Benefit (which is pricey) by NYX has a cheap alternative. 


 Sorry my pictures are horrible!

PS- ELF brushes are soo good for the price! My friends around here don't know much about the brand and they are always shocked when I tell them how cheap they are! =p 

BUT the regular $1 face brushes I would not recommend but their studio ones are pretty good!!  

Have a great weekend! I am heading to Houston for the night to celebrate pride weekend there with my friend Ricky!! Road trip! =D

2 comments:

  1. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog :). i have that exact nail polish and it has definitely become one of my summer time favs. that elf product looks interesting. i always pass it up at target but i might have to pick it up next time.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I love it too! I try to switch it up but lately I always choose that color! I like elf for certain things. their eye shadow brushes are actually pretty good (esp. for a dollar)

    ReplyDelete