Thursday, July 7, 2011

Piink

So yesterday I went to Walmart for groceries and ended up buying some nails. I bought some cheap brand (I will post the brand later, I forgot the name) that was under $4. I used my leftover broadway nails glue, and let me say that glue it strong! I fell down this morning (LOL) and hit my nails as I was trying to catch myself, and I thought they were broken... but they polish chipped and the nails are STILL perfectly intact! =D 

 I plan on painting them since I don't care for white tips, but I haven't decided on a color yet... I am thinking a fun summery PINK! What do y'all think?




Also I wanted to post the elf eye primer I bought for $1 a while back... Let me just say I love it! The top of the line one I see that most make up artist, bloggers, and makeup fans use it the Urban Decay Primer potion.. Well, ever since I used this 3 years ago I haven't been a big fan. I recently tried it again recently because my roommate had some and I found that it worked better than I remembered, but I feel for the price the elf one is more reasonable- with a similar texture and staying power... 

I also liked the color of the NYC lipstick and it was only around $1 so I purchased that as well (I love cheap stuff that works). I have actually liked NYC lipsticks for a long time. They are cheap and work pretty well. They aren't drying and they don't bleed, but their staying power of course isn't the best. 

I also bought this ELF lip-stain and gloss duo for $3 just to try... It works OKAY, but the lips stain doesn't stay on as long as most lip-stains do, and I felt it needed multiple coats because the pigmentation isn't as vibrant as it appears in the tube. Yet, when you put a couple of layers and let it dry, then apply gloss it looks pretty! IDK if I would buy it again, but I will use it while I have it. It would probably work better with a bright pink lip liner like barbie pink by NYX. 

Here are the swatches--
The Elf eyelid primer
The NYC lipstick in 316 Blossom
The Elf lipstain in Birthday Suit #00908
& the gloss

Have a Wonderful day!

KristendollXOXO

4 comments:

  1. the NYC lipsitck looks amazing~~i luv the colour a bright fuchsia pink~~~and you have to try Cancun pink by NYX black label, its real nice colour, and the texture is real silky and smooth


    JEssy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom does those nails all the time and gets tons of compliments on them! I never thought they could look so good! I might have to stop by Walmart and get me some!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessy- I think I am going to go out on a search for it! lol I love it! and the NYC lipstick I got so many compliments yesterday at work! It really attracted attention!

    Lauren- I get tons of compliments too! totally worth the buy! They stay pretty well too and if you don't like white tips you can paint them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pink colours look great for summer

    ReplyDelete