Friday, July 8, 2011

Puffy eyes

Ok so I know we all have looked up "how to get rid of puffy eyes, bags, dark, and dark circles". Well, I am the queen of trying ANY and EVERYTHING for this because I am part middle eastern and I have the stereotypical eyes with dark circles, and puffiness.

This picture isn't even my eyes at their worst, but I found this picture from 2 years ago that I took to see what my hair looked like, LOL. No judging! =P




This picture was taken around the same time period... but if you look at my left eye it's very swollen. I was going through a very stressful time period, and it really showed in my eyes! 


Well, most of the time this is just genetics and you can't fix it completely, but I have found a combination of tricks that really help for me.

1st off I have terrible allergies. I don't get mucus or sneeze but tons of congestion. By congestion I mean my sinuses are swollen and there is TONS of pressure behind my eyes. So much that if I do not take my allergy medicine, nasal spray, and a decongestant (not an expectorant) daily I get horrible headaches!

This can cause extra swelling and water retention in the eyes... So just back taking an allergy medicine and a decongestant (claritinD is a combo of both) it reduces the swelling in my eyes. 

-Everyone says it but Hemorrhoid cream... it really does help with dark circles under the eyes, but you need to use it consistently!

-A lot of puffiness is caused by water retention that why it's good to drink plenty of water and work out on a regular basis! I take a lot of medication for allergies and other things so I have trouble with water retention and working out literally helps so much!! 

-Also every morning I get something cold (like a water bottle) out of the fridge and put it on my bags! It feels funny, but it really does help the swelling!! ESPECIALLY, after a long night of partying or studying!! 

-Another thing that helps is buying something like Mary Kay's cooling eye gel- it works great especially if you put it in the fridge!! (to help maximize the cooling effect)



-Also i really like both of the Garnier under-eye rollers! The one with caffeine works sooo WELL!  The caffeine seems to really help me with the dark circles!! It gets the blood flowing! 



These pictures are more recent after I started cracking down on making my eyes look better! Also foundation, concealer and a highlighter help!! =D But you can still tell they are there, but under control. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment