Monday, July 25, 2011

TEXAS

So I live in Texas and this weekend I traveled to San Antonio and Austin on Saturday. For those of you who live in Texas if you are ever in San Antonio in the Spring time you should definitely visit the Shops at La Cantera! It is an Outdoor mall and very pretty with a pretty decent selection of stores.



But I would not recommend going in the summer because Texas is brutally hot, and if you are trying on clothes it might be uncomfortable.!

I also went to the Tanger outlet in San Marcos and I have to say I was disappointed because most of the "outlets" aren't really outlets. Yet, there was a really good BCBG Max Azria outlet. It was a true outlet with great discounts! I am biting my tongue about not buying this dress there.

---I also went to 6th street in Austin, it reminded me a lot of Bourbon Street in New Orleans except cleaner and less scandalous LOL. For those of you who haven't been to either place they shut down the entire street and people are walking around bar-hopping. Yet, in Austin you can't drink in the streets like you can in New Orleans! 


-I actually didn't take any pictures because when I travel anywhere away from my apartment (even to my parents' house) I am terrible about charging my phone and I hate carrying my camera!! This is a picture I took in the day time in New Orleans a little over a year ago, and how everyone is just in the streets! You see a lot of people painted metallic colors acting like robots! 

I was a little disappointed with what I saw fashion wise in Austin. Austin's logo is "Keep Austin Weird", and I thought I would see some cool fashion choices there. 



I look at fashion blogs all day at work when we are slow, and I wish I could mention where I got this photo exactly... I think it might have been Monica Rose's blog or Kourtney Kardashian's, but I thought these Louboutins were so cool! These 8-inch stillettos raise money for the English National Ballet. 

6 comments:

  1. I have not been to San Antonio in years now even though it's not that far from Austin.

    You should come experience SXSW sometime if you haven't. I don't know if you have so I won't assume, but it's a lot of fun. I've been able to see bands from all over the world either for free or a simple $2-10 cover.

    Austin I believe is changing. The slogan is one that's been around a while now, but between the economy and changes happening with zoning and other politics even down town has seen dramatic changes. Most of which I don't like. I feel they want down town to go more like a high rise condo area. Parking is becoming limited and overall having lived her now 20+ years there are some things I miss from 10 years ago that the area was better known for. I guess I feel the creative, unique, and odd are dying for the snobby, elite, and posh type side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone to SXSW even though many of the groups I really like tend to be there. I haven't been because I am usually really busy with school that time of year =/ I don't even mind the Posh type stuff I just didn't enjoy the fact that yeah there was "weird" stuff but everyone was weird in the same way LOL... I wish there was more variety! I liked the fact though that a lot of the bars on 6th are actually quite large compared to bars in other cities i have visited. Yeah, and i noticed there weren't many places to park, but I parked in a garage and it was too far from 6th at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand - I don't make it to SXSW every year. Some years I can't fit it in between work and other obligations. I think it depends on what's going on in the city. SXSW if you don't carpool or take a bus I've had it where I've had to park blocks away and hoof it or take a Dillo. When it's not a busy event it's pretty easy to find parking around town.

    I don't like so much residential going in downtown. The biggest political/parking problem is because of the residential. It's bringing in what I call the snobby side because to live there you have people whom are so against keeping things like SXSW and the bars open that they're fighting where we are allowed to park. The way I take it is because they live there anything disruptive to them is a problem. My views if you're going to live down town expect some sacrifices. It's not suburbia so noise and events will happen as will traffic, parking situations, etc. If you want a peaceful home life the city isn't the place to find it. That's hustle bustle and all!!

    I have stories though from things I have seen here from doing temp admin work downtown off 6th and Congress. Or just getting to the county and federal court houses. They're rather funny and odd.

    I believe the weirdest I got was graduating beauty school. I finally had my hair at some point chunked in rotating colors of every shade of the rainbow. Too much maintenance, but a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well that's a shame. You would think that those people would know that about living in the city. I doubt they will make much progress because the bars and SXSW generate so much money. haha and that's crazy that your hair was rainbow colored! That's totally Austin right there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao Bella,
    Nice post... I have never been to Texas.. but I would LOVE to go there someday. Sounds hot, hot, hot!!! ha ha.
    Girl.... those shoes... I don't think they are made for comfort!! HA HA, but beauty.. yes!!
    Have a really fab day Bella!!
    Thanks so much for following my blog, it really means the world to me.
    Hugs & Kisses,
    Love
    Shelley
    xXx
    http://agelesssecrets.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete